Thursday, July 4, 2013

inspiration

Well, here we are: I've decided to re-enter the world of blogging again! Originally, I created my blog as a way to share my experiences studying abroad in Israel in 2012 with friends and family in the States. At that time, I entitled it A Walk in the Holy Land. The title I've recently adopted (subject to change again? Time will tell) is Dreaming by Day, a thought inspired by Lawrence of Arabia's worthwhile quote,

... Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible... 

I don't intend for this line of thought to define my entire blog in a nutshell (it would be a shame if titles were that restrictive!). But, the idea of making something possible, bringing something to reality -- realizing, in the truest sense of the word -- is one that I am happy to host as an overarching idea. Realizing -- making real -- what? Anything from dreams to change the world to the simple recognition of everyday beauty, I suppose. And words -- the words of a blog are just one example -- are a powerful way to begin to craft (or simply share) reality.

Shortly I'll upload a post that appeared originally on a friend's blog as a guest post (thanks, Emily!) to kick things off. In step with the season, its own inspiration involved blackberries. What better way to step back into blogging adventures?! Coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment